Courses'Hedgehog First Aid, Care and Rehabilitation'
We run a 1-day course, ‘Basic First Aid, Care & Rehabilitation of Hedgehogs’, in association with
the BHPS at the Hospital in Beckford.
It is aimed at hedgehog carers, rescue centre staff, volunteers, vets and vet nurses
and provides valuable information about hedgehogs and the rehabilitation process.
Please contact the British Hedgehog Preservation Society directly on 01584 890801 if you
would like to know dates and/or to book a place.
You can purchase various items to help hedgehog carers e.g. heat pads and
tick lassos, here
COURSES RUNNING ON SITE AT VALE:
The course at Vale Wildlife Hospital runs from 9am until
around 4.30-5pm and must be booked and paid for
through the BHPS.
Their telephone number is 01584 890 801.
- a brief introduction to Vale Wildlife Hospital
- legal aspects
- zoonotic risks
- initial examination & assessment
- fluid therapy
- administering fluids (practical session)
- worried about green ‘poo’?
- ongoing care
- includes a full colour course book (Course Companion for Lay People) containing all the information covered on the day and much more, plus a certificate of course completion. Note: Veterinary practices can purchase copies of the course book containing details of the medications used at Vale and the dose rates recommended for them. We can only sell these and send them to registered veterinary practices.
The course runs at Vale Wildlife in Beckford from 9am until around 4.30-5pm and must be booked & paid for through the BHPS. Their telephone number is 01584 890 801.
Absolutely wonderful, informative, engaging & interesting course.
Sheffield course 14/01/2020 (Veterinary Nurse)
‘The best CPD I’ve ever done.
Great value for the cost of the day!’
Beccles course 29/04/2023
‘Course content comprehensive & practical. Will definitely improve & impact upon my daily practice. Recommend this course to anyone working/caring for hedgehogs.‘
Bedford course 12/01/19
‘Thoroughly enjoyed the day.
Travelled from France to attend & have learnt so much. Jeff & Caroline are fabulous, making one day very informative & enjoyable.’